Sunday, June 21, 2009

Project MUM!


Icelandic band Mum has asked us to start working on handmade cd packaging for their upcoming album "Sing along to songs you don't know" 

I decided to go with an old book theme. Each book is handmade using super heavy card stock, hemp rope, recycled paper, natural cotton fabric, and best of all, each has a very woodsy scent! 

Mum's original (non handmade) release uses a glowing candle for the art work so I wanted to incorporate this into this packaging. I carved the candle design by hand using a rubber block and carving knives. I am very happy with the end results. 

I also handmade slip covers for the book using natural cotton. 
 
Here are some photos of the entire layout before the glowing candle stamp was cut and printed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment